Late Bloomer Ranch, a holistic pig, sheep, poultry, and cut flower farm in Driggs, Idaho, is looking for a full-time team member to perform essential farm chores and support tasks year-round. We are looking for someone who is deeply excited about and involved in regenerative work and determined to match our standard of excellence. This is a long-term position with opportunity to grow, and affordable housing opportunities on the ranch for all employees (no pets, single occupancy only). $15-$18/hour DOE.
- Daily animal care such as feeding, watering, providing basic first aid, and overseeing basic animal husbandry
- Mucking animal pens and cleaning coops/shelters/highly-trafficked areas
- Rotating fencing and mobile coops to provide fresh pasture to animals
- Using power tools to maintain, repair, and improve farm infrastructure and systems
- Propagating and cultivating flowers and fruits
- Farm property maintenance such as plowing snow, tool upkeep, building paddocks, tractor care and upkeep, buying feed, basic carpentry, etc.
- Potential for customer interface opportunities such as farmer’s markets, on-site events, and deliveries
- Minimum 1 or more season(s) work on a farm or ranch.
- Valid U.S. driver's license required, ability to drive manual transmission preferred
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn how to operate heavy machinery and power tools at a high level in daily work
- Ability to commit for 1 year minimum
- High level of physical fitness and comfortable regularly squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, carrying heavy objects (up to 75 lbs), and occasionally jogging
- We use minimal amounts of machinery and highly value good old-fashioned sweat equity, this is a demanding job that requires good health and a commitment to maintaining healthy routines
- Ability to perform manual labor in all weather conditions (including subzero temperatures and hot summer days). We work in ALL conditions in what is occasionally an extreme climate. Wind, snow, rain or shine, we’re looking for a team member who can remain dedicated in less than ideal conditions.
- Late Bloomer is owned and operated by a working mother (with children in-tow) and a largely female crew - the right applicant thinks this is a perk
- This job involves work in many different fields of experience and requires someone who is naturally attentive to detail, organized, able to work independently, and think on their feet in uncommon situations.
- Clear and direct communication skills-- the person for this job is very comfortable receiving feedback, and is also not afraid to voice new ideas and opinions when appropriate.
- Farming can be romantic and fulfilling but also extremely frustrating and redundant. This work requires people who are comfortable with the mundane, clear and level headed in the face of struggle, and mentally tough. The ability to maintain a positive outlook and bring that positive energy to our team is essential.
- Natural love for animals and commitment to the work it requires to provide them with a sublime quality of life and respect
- Must be genuinely excited to bring their personal magic to what we are doing and building
Start your application by submitting the form below.