Are you interested in home births, modern midwifery, and the topics of prenatal and postpartum care? If so, this episode is for you.
Corinne sits down with Shayna Barnhill, the “Wild Midwife”, to discuss all things natural birth. Shayna is a licensed midwife in the state of Idaho, specializing in home births.
Her professional experiences have connected her with hundreds of women, and newborns, all over the world; and she is kind enough to share some of the wisdom she has gleaned with us on the podcast.
In this episode, Corinne and Shayna discuss:
• The nature and context of contemporary midwifery
• How Shayna began her journey into the field
• What her experience as a midwife in Nepal and Bangladesh has taught her
• The magic of natural birth
• How Shayna “co manages” care for births in-hospital
• What’s unique about Shayna’s way of supporting her clients
• Supporting mothers postpartum and beyond
• The changes Shayna would like to see in birth culture in the USA
• And so much more
The best way to connect with Shayna is on instagram, @wildmidwife, where you can see pictures of her life, raising her children in the Rocky Mountains. She is well-worth a follow!
Thank you for listening! And now, we would love to hear from you. Please drop us a line @latebloomerranch on Instagram, or via email email@example.com